MANCHESTER — Additions and renovations to the Ambulance Service of Manchester’s main headquarters, known to employees as “10-1,” continue. As of this writing:
- The main hallway is complete.
- The foyer is complete and the reception window is functional creating a new main entrance on the south side of the building.
- The new training room is complete including the placement of a integrated training podium.
- The new storage area is complete.
- The Dispatch Center walls and ceiling have been demolished. The wall between dispatch and a defunct office space has been cut through to accommodate the placement of a new wheelchair van dispatch office.
The next steps are constructing the new Dispatch Center, installing signage and an awning over the new main entrance, re-configuring the main call-taking office, installing water fountains and demolishing the old storage cages for more ambulance and wheelchair van parking.
The addition and renovation are part of ASM’s continued commitment and investment in the towns it serves.