Observers and Field Interns
Aetna and ASM accepts and accommodates field interns, students and observers from pre-approved, established programs with which we have a written agreement and/or relationship. We are not able to accommodate members of the general public at this time.
- Field interns, students and observers must be insured by their educational program, outside employer or other third party or program. Aetna and ASM carry no liability insurance for accident, injury, loss or death during observation and field internship.
- It is absolutely essential that all of the above waiver and release forms are completed either prior to or upon arrival at the ambulance service. If the field intern, student or observer is under the age of 18, these forms must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions will be made.
- It is absolutely essential that students be in the uniform required in the Directions and Instructions link above and/or as depicted in the picture to the left. An exception will only be made for students whose programs have a pre-approved alternate uniform. Long hair should be tied back for safety. Those students not in compliance with the uniform requirement or without all completed waivers will be turned away.
- Field internships can be fast-paced and moderately physically and emotionally demanding. Field interns, students and observers should arrive prepared for the day’s events.
- All students are encouraged to study our website and blog for details about our company, our service area, our employees and our equipment. If you are riding with us we reserve the right to use video, audio or images of your likeness on our website and in other media.
- Hours for observation are between 5:00am and midnight.