Field Care: The story says it all… Sunday 8:00 am. According to Aetna Ambulance Service Supervisor Paramedic Joyce Valentukonis:
- Assigned to Aetna 201, Alpha/Monitor 6,
- The 12-lead was transmitted with success and then a radio patch notifying of a STEMI alert was given.
- Just prior to arriving the patient went into cardiac arrest.
- The patient was resuscitated upon arrival of parking lot (eyes open and talking). In the hallway, patient went into cardiac arrest again.
- As of today: patient is extubated and talking.
Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI): EMS-to-balloon time: 61 minutes.
The patient’s spouse returned a Patient Satisfaction Survey with perfect scores and a note that says, “Thank you for saving my husband’s life.”