MANCHESTER — The Fifth Annual ‘Emergency of Hunger’ Food Drive officially starts this weekend. Emergency and public service agencies in five communities band together with Rotary Clubs to collect for local food banks.
Further details on the Food Drive: This is year five and thus far we have collected: 108,000 food and personal care items, 4100 turkeys and over $75,000 in cash, checks and gift cards.
Here are the currently scheduled Food Drive dates and times by town. The following are Stop and Shop locations unless otherwise noted:
- Enfield: 54 Hazard Avenue. November 17: 900a-400p.
- Manchester: 286 Broad Street. November 16, 17, 23 and 24. 900a-500p.
- Rockville: 50 Windsorville Road. November 23 and 24. 900a-400p.
- Vernon: 10 Pitkin Road. November 23 and 24. 900a-400p
- South Windsor: 1739 Ellington Road. November 16, 17. 900a-300p.
- South Windsor: 965 Sullivan Ave. November 16, 17. 900a-300p (Geisslers)
- Windsor: Was held November 2, 3, 9 and 10.