Community Relations and Standby Events
ASM supports our community by providing standby medical service at community events and gatherings throughout our service area. ASM also visits with schools, church groups and community organizations to provide education on how the EMS system works and other health and safety information. To request a demonstration or standby EMS service for your event, or a presentation by an ASM crew or member of management, contact us at (860) 647-9798 x 258 or use the form below.
ASM employees are actively volunteering time in the communities served and members of our company staff are serving in leadership roles in support of local, non-profit agencies with projects that are changing lives.
ASM Public Presentations
Presentations and demonstrations are a service provided as part of our public communication and community outreach programs. Our audiences include healthcare professionals, pre-school to college classes, association conferences, civic clubs, scout troops and neighborhood associations on a variety of topics.
- A Career in EMS
This informative presentation is appropriate for children 13 and older wanting to learn about careers in pre-hospital emergency care or for those trying to decide on a field of study for college. The speaker talks about the rewarding careers available in the Emergency Medical Services industry, the educational requirements, levels of certification, nature of work, work schedules and employment outlook.
- A Day in the Life of a Paramedic
This presentation is appropriate for adults ages 18 and older wanting to understand how their local 9-1-1 EMS system works and learn more about what it is like to work as a member of an ambulance crew on a daily basis. The speaker takes you on a virtual journey with an ambulance crew and you experience what it is like in the front seat of an ambulance responding to a call, the emotions and sometimes chaotic circumstances these professionals deal with on an hourly basis. You will ride in the back of the ambulance caring for a patient whose life depends on your ability to hold it all together and make the right decisions.
- Medicare, Medicaid & Ambulances – What You Really Need to Know
This informative presentation is appropriate for Medical Social Workers, Discharge Planners, Transportation Coordinators, Case Managers and Hospital Administrators that are uncertain about what Medicare and Medicaid will or will not pay for regarding ambulance services. The speaker will define what Medicare and Medicaid consider an ambulance transport, the various levels of services provided by EMS and what transportation services Medicare and Medicaid will and will not provide reimbursements for. They will review line-by-line and provide detailed instructions in the proper completion of the Physician Certification Statement. This presentation is appropriate for department meetings and small groups or association conferences.
Contact the business development associate for more information: (860) 647-9798 x 258.
Charitable, Civic and Community Work
Through our corporate giving, sponsorship of local events and providing in-kind donation of equipment and services, we have and continue to positively impact the quality of life in our community and in communities around the world.
Over the years we have been actively involved in supporting the following charities and organizations.
- 22nd Annual CCMC/ State Police Toy Drive
- ALS Walk
- Always Best Seniors Wedding
- ASM Coat Drive
- Bob’s Discount Furniture Food Pick Up Part 2
- Breast CA Walk
- Breast Fundraiser
- Comfort Walk
- CT Brain Freeze
- Emergency of Hunger Food Drive
- February Heart Awareness Pins
- Honor Wellness
- Journey Fount PT Picnic
- Little Manchester Road Race Food Donation Pickup
- Little Manchester Road Race Medical Standby
- MACC Charities Soup Kitchen
Boards and Committees:
- Assoc. Commercial Ambulance Providers – Treasurer
- Channel 3 Kids Camp – Board Member
- CT EMS Advisory Board
- CT EMS Advisory Board Legislative Sub-Committee
- CT EMS Advisory Board Regionalization Sub-Committee
- Heartsafe (for Manchester)
- Honor Wellness Board
- Manchester Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors Club
- Manchester Community Services Council
- Manchester Road Race Communications Coordinator
- Manchester Road Race EMS Liaison
- Manchester Halloween Happenings 2018
- Manchester Rebuilding Together
- Manchester Road Race
- MARC Summer Concert Series
- Military and Veterans Support Coalition
- Opiate Crisis Councils
- Pancreatic CA Walk
- Red Cross Blood Drives
- Senior Health Fair
- South Windsor Food and Fuel Toy Drive
- Stop the Bleed
- Touch a Truck event at the Museum
- Toy Drive Pick Up at Pratt & Whitney
- Wall Dedication Celebration
- Wishes On Wheels
- Wounded Warrior Labor Day Purple Heart 5 Mile Road Race
- Mobile Integrated Heath Committee
- North Central EMS – Treasurer
- Protocol Sub-committee
- Rebuilding Together Board
- Regional Education Sub-Committee
- Regional MAC
- State of CT Education
- Manchester Road Race
Request a Demonstration or Standby
Fill out the form below to request standby medical service for community events, or to request a presentation about ASM, the EMS system, or related health & safety topics. You will be contacted to confirm ambulance attendance. Our services are subject to an hourly charge depending on the nature or the event. Priority is given to events conducted by charity and non-profit organizations. Charges may be waived for certain events and organizations on a case by case basis.
Note: Standby EMS services can only be provided in locations where ASM is the primary service area provider. Please call (860) 647-9798 x 258 for more information.