HARTFORD — In a letter from the Central Area Health Education Center, Inc, (Central AHEC): We would like to thank you all for your collaborations, support, and efforts in helping make the City of Hartford a “HEARTSafe Community”.
With collaboration from Central AHEC and Hartford Hospital’s EMS Education Department, the City of Hartford was officially designated by the Department of Public Health as a “HEARTSafe Community” on Thursday February 23rd, 2012. The HEARTSafe program has created cardiac awareness and will continue to provide CPR/AED trainings to citizens who work or live in the City ofHartford.
A special thanks to:
- Mayor Pedro E. Segarra (City ofHartford)
- Dr. Raul Pino (City ofHartford)
- Jared Kupiec (City ofHartford)
- Andrea Comer (City of Hartford)
- Raffaella Coler (Hartford Hospital EMS Education Department)
- Mike Zacchera (Hartford Hospital EMS Education Department)
- Dr. Jewel Mullen (DPH Commissioner)
- David Bailey (DPH, Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program)
- Gary St. Amand (DPH, Family Health Section)
- David Skoczulek (Aetna Ambulance Service/Ambulance Service of Manchester)
- Leslie & Daniel Carmody (Survival Group)
- Brenda DelGado, Denise Smith, Teresa Frankhauser, Karen Piantek, Fludiona Naka (Central AHEC, Inc)